Non Surgical Medical Abortion Pill to Terminate Pregnancy Procedure
If you are having the Medical Abortion by Pill to terminate pregnancy (RU486) be well prepared by doing the following:
- Make sure you have read the 24 HR Required Information and have called to set up or finalize your non surgical abortion It is a Georgia Law requirement, and if you don’t call us to let us know you have read it, we will NOT be able to do the procedure.
- Cell phones are not permitted in the clinic. Please leave yours in the car.
- We ask that you bring a bathrobe as a cover up, a second pair of socks, sanitary napkin (pad), a bag to carry your things in and a picture ID (drivers license, ID card) as part of the medical abortion procedure.
- If you are taking any medications, please bring those in with you.
- Minors Under 18-Years Old: Due to the State of Georgia Parental Notification law, at least one of your parents or legal guardian (with proper court documents) must come with you to your medical abortion pill appointment and bring a picture ID. The patient must bring a picture ID and birth certificate.
- Make sure you eat something before you come in to take your pregnancy termination pill.
- You may drive yourself to your medical abortion procedure. No children are allowed in the premises.
- Plan to be at our office for a minimum of 3-4 hours for your non-surgical abortion. We ask that you are patient.
- You will have some lab work done before you can take the medical abortion pill. If you have negative blood there will be an additional charge for the Rhogam injection.
- Payment should be made either in cash or credit card, as we do not accept personal checks.